Wondering how we buy houses fast? Here is a simple formula we use
Posted by Sai Dream Homes // May 18, 2017
Here at Sai Dream Homes, we pride ourselves on closing home deals quickly. No matter what the condition of your home is, we’ll buy it fast and make sure that the transaction is smooth and hassle-free for you. You can hope to close the deal within a week or two, even sooner in most cases.
Wondering how we manage to get through the grueling process of buying homes so fast? You probably already know that it can take weeks to close a deal. Here is how the process of a regular home transaction looks like:
- After deciding to sell your home, you will spend some time choosing a real estate agent. Your agent will be in charge of advertising, showing and completing the legal requirements of selling your property.
- You’ll sign an agreement with your agent. This legally binding contract will detail any commissions, the estimated sale price, duration of the agreement, advertising costs, process and much more.
- If necessary, you will make necessary repairs and remodel certain portions of your home like kitchen and bathrooms.
- Your agent will list the property on Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and then work out a plan for showing it to prospective buyers.
- Next, you will most likely have a home inspection performed, so that you can prepare a seller disclosure form. In some states, you need to disclose any major defects with the property to prospective buyers.
- Your agent will hold showings and open houses.
- If you receive an offer, your agent and the buyer’s agent will negotiate on an array of things including the sales price and various contingencies.
- After accepting an offer, the prospective buyer will pay a deposit that you will have to put in an escrow account.
- Buyer may want a home inspection performed. If the buyer finds any defects with the property, another round of negotiations will start.
- Delays can be caused or deals may fall through, if the buyer’s lender backs out at the last moment.
The process has so many steps that no wonder it takes long.
But when you sell to real estate investors like us, you don’t need to waste time and money on most of these home selling steps.
- Since we will buy your home ‘as-is’, you don’t need to worry about it’s condition. No need to make costly repairs. We will make an offer after a quick home inspection.
- Our offer is not contingent on the successful outcome of a home inspection.
- No need to hold open houses and showings.
- We buy homes with cash, so there are no chances of the deal falling through due to financial hiccups. And since a bank is not involved, the process runs fast and smoothly.
- You don’t need to market the property and prepare marketing collateral.
Things to consider when selling to a real estate investor
While advantages of selling to an investor are plenty, there are a few things you need to watch out for:
- You must try to find out who you are dealing with. Is it an individual or a corporation? To avoid any issues, get the name of the investor and do research online to see who they are and ask for references.
- Investors have their own costs to contend with and you can be assured that those costs will be factored into their offered price. Investors are also aware of the power behind their cash offer and the fact that they are taking a risk by purchasing “as is.”
If you are in a situation where you can’t wait for weeks to sell your home, you can find an investor who will buy your home ‘as-is’ and for cash. Selling your house to a cash home buyer may save you from the cumbersome ordeal of undergoing extensive paperwork.